View Profile Everratic

295 audio Reviews with Responses

All 378 Reviews

The composition is wonderful :'D

boshydude responds:

This is amazing. I adore all the ornamental features. The usage of chimes is wonderful. The instruments sounds pretty realistic to me. I wish you guys would upload more frequently!

Step responds:

Aw thanks for the encouraging comments BlueOceans!

Our upload frequency is dependent on our music-making frequency, which has been criminally low lately :(.

Thanks again for dropping by!

nice pun! I enjoyed this a lot :)

Zoonotist responds:

What's up! Thanks for dropping by! :D

I love this song so much. I'm really impressed by how you're able to make a synth sound as expressive as a real instrument. I also like that the melodic lead goes into multiple octaves.

1f1n1ty responds:

you can thank miyolophone + ethansight for the lead advice, they're very helpful

The sound design is perfect for the theme. I enjoyed this a lot!

endKmusic responds:

Thanks BO! <3

I love this! The LH arrangement is just as interesting as the RH arrangement. I think you nailed the theme. I don't know if this was intended, but I feel like there's jolly undertones beneath the eeriness, which is a cool feature! The piano vst is a great choice for this.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Jordi did a great job with the LH arrangement indeed. With the short amount of time it took for him to write the piece, I honestly think I couldn't personally have captured the style as well as he did! :D
Luckily, I made up for it by actually playing the piece instead ;)
The piano is the London Boyd Upright. It's difficult to control, but has a neat sound. Thanks for the review!

P.S. There's definitely some jollyness in the rhythm and the melody, which only adds to the creepiness with this style. Nice catch :)

This is phenomenal. The vocals are a nice touch and make it sound much more lively. When I listen to this, I imagine a cutscene in a rpg where the characters all dance. I love the part at 1:20; it makes it feel much more worldly and adventurous.

Deemo-R responds:

I'm really glad you liked it! I do love my RPGs, so I'm totally satisfied with it evoking that sort of sensation - though I'd definitely cut the part that you liked (sorry!) if the team went back to work on the project again, because it just kills the momentum a bit too much. As a fellow fan of the orchestra, it makes me happy that you like how it sounds! :D

This reminds me of johnfn's music from several years ago :D

I love the automation on the main lead. The orchestration is very good. I'm not as fond as the melodies, but the interesting orchestration and bass line mitigates that to a great extent. The piece is rhythmically catchy.

The one thing I dislike is the panning on the snare. It feels a bit odd and arbitrary to me. It's not so bad though.

Overall, I enjoyed this a lot and it improved my mood :)

ChronoNomad responds:

Hey, thanks a bunch for the feedback, BlueOceans! You're aces, man.

The automation on that main lead was fun to do, but took a lot of fine tuning. I'm glad that it was worth it. Not much I can do about the main melody since this is for a remix contest and that progression couldn't be altered much, but knowing that the fun and funky bass line mitigates the damage is a relief. Also glad that you dig the rhythm!

I panned the kick to one side and the snare to the other. Not particularly arbitrary, but duly noted. I was ultimately trying to create a nice, wide stereo field for all the elements.

Hooray for mood improvement! It always makes me happy to hear things like that. :D

I listened to this in the background while doing some work and it helped me get into flow! I still managed to pay attention to the song, and I enjoyed it a lot. I listened to it analytically some days ago, and oddly, I think I appreciated it more when I listened to it as background music. The intro is my favorite part :)

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I think most solo piano music lends itself well towards being listened to in the background :)
I personally don't tend to enjoy analysing music too much in real-time. Even when not listening to the music in the background, I prefer allowing it to take me to a new world, where it describes a setting, feelings, or even a story ^___^
Thank you for your review!

This isn't bad! I enjoyed it, and it has a lot of energy.

Don't take chips scores too seriously. The participants, aka voters, have varying degrees of music knowledge and competence, and the categories and even the scores themselves mean different things to different voters. Furthermore, "overall" is a category that is supposed to reflects how much voters enjoyed a particular song as opposed to individuals voting on it based on what they think is the objective value of the piece. This can be a major problem if many of the voters in a particular competition happen to have very different musical preferences.

FateModified responds:

Hey BlueOceans! It's good to hear from you again. I'm glad you liked it, and thanks for your comment. :)

I'm pretty new to Chips Compos, so I appreciate your input about how the compos are all judged. Personally, I wasn't too happy with my production on this one. I think it would have turned out much better if I had more time on it (as is always the case).

Thanks again! :D

Hi. I'm a self-taught orchestral composer. For commissions and other inquiries, contact me here or at everratc@gmail.com

United States