View Profile Everratic

295 audio Reviews with Responses

All 378 Reviews

This is really cool. I like the addition of orchestral instrumentation. The production is mostly good. The mix sounds clean and the instruments sound like they're upfront. With that said, sometimes the bass instruments have way too much bass and are generally too loud, and they obstruct the rest of the track. The percussion is great, but I find it odd that the melodic rhythms are so basic, and a lot of melodic notes are fully sustained. The melodic and percussive rhythms should work together. When you use grace notes with orchestral instruments (the woodwind in this case), try to refrain from just using them wherever they sound good. There should be a purpose for it; it should be treated as a special articulation, not a default or secondary one. Overall, I enjoyed the piece and found it to be interesting.

Hedrix responds:

Thank you and I usually have the bass loud because for some reason its fine when I have headphones on, but when I take them off there is no bass

This is really catchy, and I love the sound design. The mixing seems perfect to me. The leads sound so luscious, and the vibrato automation is really nice. The loop is just under a minute, yet it's still quite a complex piece. The arrangement has more than enough variation to keeps things interesting.

endKmusic responds:

Glad that the mix worked out well since I put just a few hours of work inside of this one.
In some cases it's better not to overcomplicate that much I guess.
Thanks for the review BO! :)

I'm amazed at how much emotion this short track evokes. Wow! Shortly before I heard the ending, I looked at the waveform and thought "there's no way this is going to end on a conclusive note", but you managed to pull it off!

Bosa responds:

Thank you very much! Yes, somehow it happened!

This sounds very novel to me, especially due to the strong emphasis on percussive rhythms as opposed to melodies. The rhythms are incredibly catch. Despite the lack of melodies, the track never gets old because new elements continually emerge and fade out, and there is sufficient variation in its intensity. I know little about this style of music, but it's really cool.

Sequenced responds:

Thx my guy

This is great!

Zoonotist responds:

Thank you for your review! :D

Sorry that it took so long to reply!

Btw, congrats to you and LSD on first place in Chip 20! :D

This is relaxing and has an eerie atmosphere. Occasionally other moods are evoked, which makes the piece really interesting. I think this track has a lot of untapped potential. The reverb and delay effects are quite simple, and you could have done so much more with these effects. If you don't have any, I recommend downloading some free vst and reverb plug ins that can create much more interesting sounds that what one can easily do with native FL plug ins. After having used external reverbs from Native Instruments, using FL's reverb feels like I'm regressing.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks for the review, BO! I especially appreciate the advice on the reverb and effects. I guess I've gotten pretty formulaic in my approach to adding mixing slots for things. I should change that. Thanks again!

This track is very upbeat and catchy :D I like the juxtaposition of electronic instrumentation and hybrid instrumentation, and I especially like the percussion. it's complex but it maintains a consistent rhythm. I don't have any notable criticism. It's a very solid track that I can listen to tens of times without it getting old.

endKmusic responds:

Thanks for the review BO!

I like the jazzy feel this piece has. The piano playing is splendid. I hope you use piano in this fashion in future pieces.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks BO! There are quite a few non-tonal chords, which probably explains the jazzy feel (along with the instrumentation). I'm not sure I have a very good piano sample for FL Studio, but I'll certainly work on getting one. Thanks again for the review! :)

This is a relaxing track with some nice novel rhythmic design! I like the violin, what vst did you use?

Zoonotist responds:

Thanks, BlueOceans. :) It was Joshua Bell Violin.

This is really relaxing. I like the unconventional sound design. Nothing feels out of place despite the apparent random selection of instruments. The percussion is very interesting; I'm not sure what some of those light percussion samples are, but they're pretty neat!

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks so much for the review, BO! I don't know exactly what you mean by "light percussion," but I did put a rather thin-sounding high tom in there to add some texture. Thanks again! Good to see you still make it onto the Grounds in the midst of all this CHIPS madness. ;)

Hi. I'm a self-taught orchestral composer. For commissions and other inquiries, contact me here or at everratc@gmail.com

United States