View Profile Everratic

513 audio Reviews with Responses

All 327 Reviews

There are many pleasant surprises melodically. I love when the melody continually rises at the end.

The mixing is excellent. It feels soft and velvety, and it's not too loud which is a common problem.

The structure is perfect. The entire piece feels cohesive, and there's just the right amount of variation.

I don't have any criticism. The execution is near perfect as far as I can tell.

AceMantra responds:

Thanks, friend! It really means a lot! :)

This is very emotional. I love the chord progressions!

The celesta (or whatever it is) would sound much more pleasant with some dynamic EQ. It’s a bit harsh right now, and the strong panning doesn’t help.

Another mixing issue is that the mix is mid-heavy, but I believe this could easily be solved by changing the octaves for different lines as well as possibly changing the key of the song for more favorable frequencies.

I enjoyed this a lot :)

ConnorHeather responds:

Thank you for the great constructive criticism, glad you enjoyed it! much appreciated!

I love the melody and the key changes.

Troisnyx responds:

*ah what is trois without key changes*
No, I kid, I kid. Thank you ❤️

The composition is beautiful at times; I particularly like choir introduction at 2:00. The instrumentation is solid and fits the art that inspired you. Some of the chord combinations and the orchestration effectively reflect the beauty and elegance found in the art. I really like the phrasing of the piano and the addition of the glockenspiel.

There are times when I'm not sure what the song is trying to portray and it feels emotionally neutral. :40 to 1:05 is a good example of this. It feels like filler to me, and it diminishes the song's replayability.

Through the music, I wanted to learn more about the subjects of the painting. What kind of woman is she, and what's going on in her life? Is this merely a painting of a woman at a farm or is someone, perhaps a lover, thinking about her and their shared experience on a farm? These questions could be answered to some extent with certain chord progressions and melodic techniques. The song's relation to the art feels a little too vague for me.

Some instruments, such as the guitar and harp, sound a little muddy. Some EQing and maybe dynamic EQ could help clear that up. I also think the piano could benefit from a slightly brighter sound from EQ work.

I mostly enjoy how you wrote for the strings, though I think some more articulations could be nice. I found a few places, such as the very ending, where I think trills could add some nice color.

The introduction and outro are excellent. I was drawn into the song immediately, and although I didn't love everything in the middle, the outro was satisfying.

Gl in the contest!

jojojeux responds:

Thank you for the kind words and constructive criticism. Helps me get better. :)

I really like the choice of chords throughout the track. You effectively created chord progressions that portray both blissful innocence and awe without without straying from the still nature of a painting, and this was done by frequently juxtaposing the tonic chord with chords that portray a variety of contrasting moods.

I like the lack of resolution. It helps establish the piece as one that embodies the painting rather than one that tells a story beyond it.

1:34 could be an apt moment for a climax. The satisfying chord here could be further emphasized with additional instrumentation.

I think the mix has too many low-mids and each instrument sounds like it could benefit from a lot of EQing. The strings sound thin, especially relative to the wide piano. I think ideally the piano should feel more buoyant in such a track,

Gl in the contest! I'm not sure if I'll enter this year.

AlbeGian responds:

Thanks man! Glad you liked the composition. And yeah, after all these years I still have a lot of flaws with mixing and mastering (almost as if I never nail a correct mix everytime), so big thank you for pointing it all out, I'll have that in mind. I'm sure I'll get it correct someday lol
GL to you too in case you enter!

I really like the percussion, unexpected transitions, and the effects on the leads. Gl in the contest!

PredatorMusic responds:

Thank you man! Means a lot :)

I'm glad to hear more of your music after all this time!

This is unusual, but my favorite section is the post-climax; the sudden, unexpected mood change is heartwarming, and then there's another unexpected mood shift at 4:08 that effectively represents the return to reality. The track does an excellent job at telling the story you envisioned.

My only criticism is that the percussion feels too minimal in the context of what sounds like a medium-sized orchestra. I think the climax falls slightly short of its full emotional potential due to a lack of strong percussion, especially high-end percussion.

Step responds:

I'm incredibly glad you're able to pick up on the story I was trying to tell. Like... completely over the moon. Haha.

That's a very interesting point about the percussion. I'm usually pretty heavy on percussion in my orchestral pieces and I actually tried to exercise some restraint in this one, but in hindsight I completely agree that some high-end percussion at least during the last climax would've really sealed the deal.

Thanks a lot for the great review!

This is wonderful. I love the climax and outro. I had to lower my volume a lot so I think i'ts a bit too loud, but it's not really a problem.

AlbeGian responds:

Thank you so much!! Sorry for the loudness, I will try to have more control over the volume in my mix next time, but I'm really glad you liked it

This is fantastic! It reminds me of the music in famous Disney movies.

Deemo-R responds:

Thank you so much! It goes without saying that I love and grew up with that stuff, so it's always nice to hear comparisons made! I'd love to have the creativity to make something so iconic :D

I really like the strings arrangement, the powerful percussion, and the post-chorus chord progression change. You successfully avoided making the song sound cheesy, which isn’t easy with this style; I think if you had access to an orchestra and vocalist, the song’s emotional appeal would be significantly higher. This is my favorite song of yours :D

CloakedSoup responds:

Thanks! While I wouldn't say I'm the worst vocalist, I'm not exactly a professional. I literally finished writing some of the lyrics before recording them like 5 hours ago too. ;D

Hi, I compose orchestral music. I'm open to commissions. everratc@gmail.com