View Profile Everratic

295 audio Reviews with Responses

All 378 Reviews

The composition is beautiful and exuberant! This is one of my favorite submissions thus far.

AzulJazz responds:

Thx so much friend

The atmosphere is fantastic, and the mix is very pleasing. I love the instrumentation, especially the chimes. I can imagine myself listening to this in a rpg.

My only complaint is that there isn't enough variation considering it's six minutes long.

This is one of your best pieces imo, from the ones I listened to.

Kysertron responds:

Thanks for the review! :D

I totally agree with you the whole way through. This was a very quick experiment (only took just over 2 hours 15 minutes) that somehow came out to be one of my best pieces. Apparently, I tend to lose variation with the more cinematic music I make (you can tell that the composition/arrangement is the same through most of my music).

The chimes were rather a special touch to this song, along with the timpani/snare rolls (forte-piano rolls with a gradual crescendo actually... pretty fun in my opinion :P).

A lot of the cinematic music I do now is usually what I have picked up from school and self-research from the past 5 years or so (all that has sure paid off :D).

Just a little note: The experiment was to make most of the song with a minor chord progression. I have not tried it before, but it seemed to work well (even though I stepped outside the rules a little bit). I might do it again some time in the future. :D

This is a beautiful track! The atmosphere is lovely, and I like the unconventional mix of instruments. It sounds very uplifting.

My only complaint is that I think it sounds very condensed. In other words, I think that there isn't enough repetition, and this piece would be catchier and more memorable if some of the sections lasted longer.

ColinMuir responds:

yeah i can agree with that, haha, i kind of scare myself of repetition too often. Thank you. :)
Side note: i realized its too condensed, as its called condensation.

I think this is one of your best short pieces :D

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks!

This is phenomenal! Reverb isn't usually something that stands out in a track, but the way it's used here is glorious.

larrynachos responds:

I think I actually paid attention to the reverb settings on each insert, instead of just fiddling with the wet knob until I liked it

This is very relaxing to listen to :D The atmosphere and sound design is nice. The main thing I dislike is that the piano playing sounds unrealistic.

SplatterDash responds:

Thank you so much for the review! Ultimately the piano playing most likely sounds unrealistic because of the balance I was trying to achieve between the device and the brightness (not sounding too dark while also sounding realistic), but it's apparent I gave priority to one over the other lol. Really happy that you enjoyed this :)

The sound design and production are impeccable, and I love the chord progression as well!

The only thing that bothered me is that I feel like the main melody was never presented in a manner that would make it shine and become an earworm. The drops, with the competing melodic phrases, are lovely, but I wish there was another busy section in which the main melody could be perceived as playing continuously without competing elements.

I think the final drop would have sounded great with a +2 key change; it would sound super cheesy though :p

The mood of the song reflects the art perfectly!

endKmusic responds:

Yeah, I guess that's one of the things I should work on more for sure, since I always tend to do something different in each part (which is not always a good thing).
It's kinda always been that way .____.
Thanks for the review! <3

"as it has many flaws in its current state,"

wow, I suck at finding flaws apparently.

stardew responds:

haha, thanks a bunch BlueOceans :^)

the only thing i still kinda wanna touch up is the beginning, i've noticed a few odd chords (although they may only be odd to me, idk).

The first half sounds like a foray, and the second half sounds triumphant; I guess that the subject successfully accomplished a clandestine mission. This is a wonderful track. I'm still amazed at how effectively you can tell stories in such a short amount of time.

Bosa responds:

Thank you! Fortunately this time I had video to score to!

I think I noticed the following pattern of different emotional states: blissful love, grief, hope, and despair. It's amazing how seamlessly the song switches between them.

I envision a story where two people fall in love, but tragedy strikes one of them, and the other ultimately fails to save the stricken one.

Bosa responds:

Ah, a great image! I am very glad that the music can tell the story for you :)

Hi. I'm a self-taught orchestral composer. For commissions and other inquiries, contact me here or at everratc@gmail.com

United States