View Profile Everratic

290 audio Reviews with Responses

All 369 Reviews

Wow. You captured the cold, desolate atmosphere perfectly. The instrumentation is awesome; I love how you blended in synths for a more otherworldly vibe. The music evokes a vivid picture in my mind of a beautiful serene landscape. The english horn seems to represent the anguish and mourning of the dead.

This is on par with some of my favorite video game songs from likes of Jeremy Soule and Borislav Slavov. You definitely have what it takes to be among the best :) I wish this could be on Spotify so I can add it to my vgm playlist.

Deemo-R responds:

Thanks Everratic! I've only just recently found some of Slavov's work in Divinity II and that comparison is extremely humbling. There's definitely a sort of magic that's hard to match with the best of them, but it's always fun to try and see how close we can get!

I've been wanting to have this on Spotify, but it's a part of a collaborative album that the team is still sorting out. Once it's up I'll probably be able to post the other arrangement I did of a friend's desert theme as well, so fingers crossed!

Im in love with your detuned synths. I like the vocal effects.

LD-W responds:

If I can slip any of my designed virus-esq patches into a project, I'll always take the chance to ;)

This is very enjoyable! I especially like the use of percussion and the organ. If possible (I know it's difficult if you're using free/cheap instruments), I suggest working to improve the realism of your virtual performances. That would take the song to the next level.

Petrol4brains responds:

Really glad you liked it! You’re right, the guitar definitely has potential to sound more dynamic, I ignored some features it has for the sake of simplicity but I’ll try to dig in deeper next time I use it!

I like the percussion!

SplatterDash responds:

Thanks!

This is one of the first songs that inspired me to dabble in orchestral music so I still like to listen to it sometimes. I'm happy you republished it :D

From my experience, it's extremely difficult and rare to create a melody that's as moving and powerful as this one. The orchestration is phenomenal, and although the song builds up to the climax in a sense, each second is pleasurable enough to listen to that I'm not waiting for it.

My favorite instruments in the song are the double basses. They provide an earthly vibe and greatly enhance the emotional appeal.

I read the judges' reviews and have to say that I disagree with the criticism that the build up is too long or not stimulating enough. Absolutely no part of the song feels remotely extraneous to me. The comments regarding the chord progression and harmonization confuse me even more because that could kill the song's identity and turn it into something not befitting of the title.

I know a lot of time has passed, but I hope you make more music like this :)

EvilRaccoon responds:

Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate it. I really enjoyed making this track back then, the way it evolved,etc.

Unfortunately, the belittling which followed through a horde of PM's from the judge was a testament to the true perspective and what they really thought of me and the music. I haven't spoke to them since, and any time I see their participation, anywhere, I steer clear. It was a toxic amount of negativity.

The song is perfect for the purpose. It sounds so somber.

Zoonotist responds:

Thank you Everratic! Also thanks for stopping by :)

This is very relaxing :D

You perfectly captured the water and futuristic vibes. I love the arpeggiating synths and the transformations of the lead instrument. You created a beautiful atmosphere with all those pads.

The only thing I would suggest is EQ the low-mids of the mid-range instruments such as the piano and suppress any resonant peaks in the mid-high range.

AlbeGN responds:

Thanks Ev! Will have that in mind for next time, glad you liked it!

This is so heartwarming. The animation made me cry, and then the song made me go through that again. Nice job!

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you! Had you seen it before? I thought I might have shared it earlier, but perhaps not with you. Good luck in the competition ^ ^

This is amazing! The percussion is awesome.

KevinMueller responds:

Thank you!
I'm happy you enjoyed it. :)

I love the transition at 2:51!

JessieYun responds:

Thanks a bunch, Everratic :D

Hi. I'm a self-taught orchestral composer. For commissions and other inquiries, contact me here or at everratc@gmail.com

Male