View Profile Everratic

265 audio Reviews with Responses

All 333 Reviews

This sounds quite novel thanks to the accordion. The song is so energetic and catchy — not what I expected at first. I hope you use accordion more often!

NahuPyrope responds:

Thank you<3, I know we've never talked properly but I follow your works too!

The composition is wonderful :'D

boshydude responds:

This is amazing. I adore all the ornamental features. The usage of chimes is wonderful. The instruments sounds pretty realistic to me. I wish you guys would upload more frequently!

Step responds:

Aw thanks for the encouraging comments BlueOceans!

Our upload frequency is dependent on our music-making frequency, which has been criminally low lately :(.

Thanks again for dropping by!

nice pun! I enjoyed this a lot :)

Mooke responds:

What's up! Thanks for dropping by! :D

I love this song so much. I'm really impressed by how you're able to make a synth sound as expressive as a real instrument. I also like that the melodic lead goes into multiple octaves.

1f1n1ty responds:

you can thank miyolophone + ethansight for the lead advice, they're very helpful

The sound design is perfect for the theme. I enjoyed this a lot!

endKmusic responds:

Thanks BO! <3

I love this! The LH arrangement is just as interesting as the RH arrangement. I think you nailed the theme. I don't know if this was intended, but I feel like there's jolly undertones beneath the eeriness, which is a cool feature! The piano vst is a great choice for this.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Jordi did a great job with the LH arrangement indeed. With the short amount of time it took for him to write the piece, I honestly think I couldn't personally have captured the style as well as he did! :D
Luckily, I made up for it by actually playing the piece instead ;)
The piano is the London Boyd Upright. It's difficult to control, but has a neat sound. Thanks for the review!

P.S. There's definitely some jollyness in the rhythm and the melody, which only adds to the creepiness with this style. Nice catch :)

This is phenomenal. The vocals are a nice touch and make it sound much more lively. When I listen to this, I imagine a cutscene in a rpg where the characters all dance. I love the part at 1:20; it makes it feel much more worldly and adventurous.

Deemo-R responds:

I'm really glad you liked it! I do love my RPGs, so I'm totally satisfied with it evoking that sort of sensation - though I'd definitely cut the part that you liked (sorry!) if the team went back to work on the project again, because it just kills the momentum a bit too much. As a fellow fan of the orchestra, it makes me happy that you like how it sounds! :D

This reminds me of johnfn's music from several years ago :D

I love the automation on the main lead. The orchestration is very good. I'm not as fond as the melodies, but the interesting orchestration and bass line mitigates that to a great extent. The piece is rhythmically catchy.

The one thing I dislike is the panning on the snare. It feels a bit odd and arbitrary to me. It's not so bad though.

Overall, I enjoyed this a lot and it improved my mood :)

ChronoNomad responds:

Hey, thanks a bunch for the feedback, BlueOceans! You're aces, man.

The automation on that main lead was fun to do, but took a lot of fine tuning. I'm glad that it was worth it. Not much I can do about the main melody since this is for a remix contest and that progression couldn't be altered much, but knowing that the fun and funky bass line mitigates the damage is a relief. Also glad that you dig the rhythm!

I panned the kick to one side and the snare to the other. Not particularly arbitrary, but duly noted. I was ultimately trying to create a nice, wide stereo field for all the elements.

Hooray for mood improvement! It always makes me happy to hear things like that. :D

I listened to this in the background while doing some work and it helped me get into flow! I still managed to pay attention to the song, and I enjoyed it a lot. I listened to it analytically some days ago, and oddly, I think I appreciated it more when I listened to it as background music. The intro is my favorite part :)

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I think most solo piano music lends itself well towards being listened to in the background :)
I personally don't tend to enjoy analysing music too much in real-time. Even when not listening to the music in the background, I prefer allowing it to take me to a new world, where it describes a setting, feelings, or even a story ^___^
Thank you for your review!

Hi, I compose orchestral music. I'm open to commissions. everratc@gmail.com