View Profile Everratic

295 audio Reviews with Responses

All 378 Reviews

The beginning makes me visualize a character entering a new world for the first time and being astonished by the world's beauty. Then said character's friends join in on the fun!

I love the chord at :15. That's what establishes the intended mood of the piece :D

Your selection of instruments works well here. I love the melodic instrument, especially thanks to the lovely delay.

The transitional sound effects sound dry. I think they may actually a slight hindrance in this kind of song, in which you created a reverby atmosphere using primary instruments. Also, the sound effects with strong bass frequencies create a variance in the feeling that the mix transmits.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I like that visual! That definitely sounds kind of like an anime xD
Or Narnia, I guess :p

The chord at 0:15 definitely kind of sets the tone. I think the one at 0:20, and 0:24 are pretty important too. I guess that part in general, is where a kind of turn takes place, and the piece is defined :D

I'm glad you like the instruments! It's fun to play around with orchestral arrangements. I honestly don't remember what bell I used, but I like the delay I added too!

I think I get what you're saying with the sound effects. Mostly, they're just cymbals, and I wanted them to be soft and long-lasting at the time. But they may sound dry because of that too :)
As for the bass frequencies, this is probably not the best possible mixing xD

Thank you for the review!

This sounds like the kind of song one would expect to hear at the end of the movie when the protagonist reaches their goal. I personally think of a movie about a dancer or skater, and I visualize the character performing with this song. The style reminds me of anime-music. The velocities sound great to me, and I like that there's a clear distinction between melodic notes and chords.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I totally get what you mean with that! It actually has a similar feel to another piece of mine, which I made for ending credits for a project, so you kinda hit the nail on its head!

Ice Skating and Anime cretainly brings Yuri on Ice to mind :D
Not my favorite anime, as it has its flaws, but it's watchable :)

Nice job on noticing that distinction! I intentionally made it so, as this was originally meant to be submitted as a theme for others to use ^ ^
Thanks!

I listened to this on loop for 30 minutes. It helped me concentrate on my work :D

Zoonotist responds:

:) glad you like the track! have a good day!

This is one of the most original compositional styles I've heard in a long time. The song lacks a traditional melody, yet it retains my attention for the entire duration of over four minutes! The piano layering is magnificent. I love how the low frequencies act like a pad, supporting the higher notes.

My only complaint is that I think the mix seems to be a little flat; it could sound airier. But I do understand that applying this effect could be extremely difficult considering that the low frequencies already sound spacious.

Phonometrologist responds:

Thanks for stopping by to let me know your thoughts about a particular piece as it's always an encouragement to read. I would criticize the mix as well-- I agree. This was done two years ago and my production knowledge was pretty limiting then. I've learned much since then, but of course I'm not quite there yet either. I'll never consider myself a production/mixing artist before I am a composer and pianist. But a part of the mix sounding a bit muddy within the mid to low frequencies is because of the playing style as well. When playing live, I have intended that effect in person by playing low register arpeggio's in the left hand whereas the notes themselves aren't as important as much as the overall sound and harmony changes.

This was one of the most upbeat, energetic songs I've heard in a long time. I enjoyed everything; there's nothing in particular I want to critique. And your synth skills are way ahead of mine so there's not much I could say anyway :)

Weed seems to be the secret tool for making one's music sound great :D

Zoonotist responds:

thank you for your review.

leukemia gives you tons of pain and fatigue during later stages. it's painful and hurt everywhere. feel like an old man. when every medication failed me, i turned to drug. weed to ease my pain, especially i smoke and vape regularly that when i become so numb, i felt no pain. i do acid, DMT, 2cb or even Zoloft because they give me good mood. it also helps me cope with the cutthroat day job that keep myself alive. imagine someone's dying gotta work double shift because he'll die quicker on the street without working. ain't life beautiful!

making music is to give myself a reason to stay alive. i would probably off myself ages ago, if not for music and NG. Leukemia gives you the worst painful death ever. i have been thinking lately, to OD myself on LSD and let it be. let it be...

congratulations on the front page! This is a great loop that has interesting sound design.

holycrap, frontpage!!! :O

thanks for the review dude! and thanks to the mod who frontpaged me and everyone else!

Smooth.

Thanks ^ ^

:39 this is my favorite melodic phrase in the song :D

This is much more memorable than typical jazz music, which is a good thing imo. I like that you didn't hesitate to use many chordal notes.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I'm pretty happy with that part as well! I was surprised by how easy it was to get into composing this once I got started. As you probably noticed, you have this piano sample too. It can be pretty nice for certain styles of songs!

I agree that it's a bit more memorable; that's actually part of what I tried to achieve. I was inspired by a couple songs, one being Cait Sith's Theme from FFVII, and the other one being "You've Got a Friend In Me" by Randy Newman.

I listened to this the day it was published but I somehow forgot to favorite it. I usually avoid this genre of music, but your song has so much variation and depth. I love how you establish different rhythms through out the song. The vocals are great. The bass pad is incredible; it drives the song's power and emotion, yet it doesn't change much. Once it's removed, the song sounds so empty, which is a good way to transition into the end.

Zoonotist responds:

:) Thank you very much for your review! This means a lot!

This was amazing. It sounds somewhat like classical music from previous centuries. I love the violin modulatuons.

Bosa responds:

It takes a lot of talented people to make high quality music these days, so I'm blessed to be where I am today. Thank you for the kind words!

Hi. I'm a self-taught orchestral composer. For commissions and other inquiries, contact me here or at everratc@gmail.com

United States