View Profile Everratic

All 369 Audio Reviews

290 w/ Responses

I love the jazzy vibes and the beach atmosphere. The only thing that annoys me is the claps. They sound like they're in a different space from the rest of the instruments, and despite it sounding like layered samples, it still feels thin. This captures the description perfectly, so you did a great job!

This sounds very novel to me, especially due to the strong emphasis on percussive rhythms as opposed to melodies. The rhythms are incredibly catch. Despite the lack of melodies, the track never gets old because new elements continually emerge and fade out, and there is sufficient variation in its intensity. I know little about this style of music, but it's really cool.

Sequenced responds:

Thx my guy

This is great!

Zoonotist responds:

Thank you for your review! :D

Sorry that it took so long to reply!

Btw, congrats to you and LSD on first place in Chip 20! :D

The sound design is excellent, and the atmosphere is really nice! It fits your description perfectly.

It kinda reminds me of that dispute we had on chips. I feel like this song doesn't really tell a story as much as it illustrates a single idea, and it has a fleeting effect. I feel very immersed in the song's world while listening to it, but once I stop listening, it's not that memorable. It's nice to listen to such songs once in a while :)

This is relaxing and has an eerie atmosphere. Occasionally other moods are evoked, which makes the piece really interesting. I think this track has a lot of untapped potential. The reverb and delay effects are quite simple, and you could have done so much more with these effects. If you don't have any, I recommend downloading some free vst and reverb plug ins that can create much more interesting sounds that what one can easily do with native FL plug ins. After having used external reverbs from Native Instruments, using FL's reverb feels like I'm regressing.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks for the review, BO! I especially appreciate the advice on the reverb and effects. I guess I've gotten pretty formulaic in my approach to adding mixing slots for things. I should change that. Thanks again!

This track is very upbeat and catchy :D I like the juxtaposition of electronic instrumentation and hybrid instrumentation, and I especially like the percussion. it's complex but it maintains a consistent rhythm. I don't have any notable criticism. It's a very solid track that I can listen to tens of times without it getting old.

endKmusic responds:

Thanks for the review BO!

I like the jazzy feel this piece has. The piano playing is splendid. I hope you use piano in this fashion in future pieces.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks BO! There are quite a few non-tonal chords, which probably explains the jazzy feel (along with the instrumentation). I'm not sure I have a very good piano sample for FL Studio, but I'll certainly work on getting one. Thanks again for the review! :)

This is a relaxing track with some nice novel rhythmic design! I like the violin, what vst did you use?

Zoonotist responds:

Thanks, BlueOceans. :) It was Joshua Bell Violin.

This is really relaxing. I like the unconventional sound design. Nothing feels out of place despite the apparent random selection of instruments. The percussion is very interesting; I'm not sure what some of those light percussion samples are, but they're pretty neat!

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks so much for the review, BO! I don't know exactly what you mean by "light percussion," but I did put a rather thin-sounding high tom in there to add some texture. Thanks again! Good to see you still make it onto the Grounds in the midst of all this CHIPS madness. ;)

LSD praised this song a lot so I decided to listen to it, and I'm really glad I did! I don't listen to this genre often so it feels very refreshing. I adore the sound design, especially the luscious leads. I have no complaints about any aspect of the piece :)

ChronoNomad responds:

Thank you so much, BlueOceans. That really means a lot, and I feel honored that Lucid's high praise piqued your curiosity! Until McG's recent spate of submissions, I had probably only listened to a handful of Synthwave tracks hereabouts myself, but they all made me want to try my own hand at the genre. Suffice to say, I feel quite validated in the decision.

Luscious leads, you say? Absolutely amazing alliteration, amigo! ^-^

Hi. I'm a self-taught orchestral composer. For commissions and other inquiries, contact me here or at everratc@gmail.com

Male